Staying Modest: Crop Tops
Watching the racks of all your favorite stores get filled with crop tops is a nightmare for a girl pursuing modesty. Here I’ll gives you the inside scoop on the trend that graced the runway from NYC to Milan this year. Benefits: Crop Tops make you look taller by shortens your top half, making your legs appear longer. They also create a fashion forward look with minimal effort. The Problem: When worn with your everyday jeans, shorts, or skirts, your belly is fully exposed. This forces you to expose your body in a way that is not for the public eye. To God we are far more precious then rubies, and are called to protect our bodies. The Solution: Here are 5 tips that I use to get the benefit of a crop top without showing your belly, and without compromising your commitment to modesty!
- High Wasted Pants: As short as the crop top is, is as high as your pants should be. Make sure the two overlap as much as possible, so you don’t have to worry when you raise your hand!
- Over a Dress: This is genius! There is no risk of your stomach showing, while getting all the benefits of a crop top. Opt for a loose fitting crop top when wearing it this way.
- With an A-line skirt: Same rules applies here, make sure the bottom of the shirt and the top of the skirt overlap. If your looking for a fashionable, easy look for church, or dinner with friends, this is the way to go!
- As Matching Separates: I absolutely love the matching separates trend, especially when it’s with a crop top and
- Over another layer:The challenge with Crop tops, when your aiming for modesty, is to prevent your stomach from showing. What better way to do that then start with a dress, and layer!
Get the Look!: [show_shopthepost_widget id="72748"]